Getting to Know Your Vape: How Does a Vape Pen Cartridge Work?
So you picked up your first vape pen cartridge.
Maybe you've been smoking your whole life and wanted a way to cut back and one day quit.
Maybe you're new to the wondrous and mystifying effect cannabis can have on your psyche and you want a "starter kit".
Regardless of your smoking prowess, vape pens are all the rage in the nicotine and cannabis world. Your partner has one, your kid has one, your dad has one, hell your grandma might have one.
But what exactly is that e-juice stuff you're inhaling and how does it work?
Let us tell you.
What's Going On In There?: The Vape Pen Cartridge
When you pick up your vape pen, you'll notice that there are a few components that make up the whole. From the bottom up you've got:
- The rechargeable battery for keeping you going all day.
- The sensor. Most vape pens either have a button to turn it on or will turn on when you start inhaling.
- The heating element. Most commonly called an "atomizer", this thing is what makes the vape pen vaporize.
- The cartridge, or tank. It's called a cartridge in a disposable vape pen, and a tank in a reusable vape pen. This holds your e-juice, the stuff that makes you feel good. Check out our selection of new e-juices here.
We recommend that you buy a reusable vape pen so that you can try different e-juice flavors and figure out what's best for you. Once you decide on something, here's how it works...
As you suck on the mouthpiece of the vape pen cartridge, the sensor activates the heating element, which vaporizes the e-juice and then you inhale! It's as easy as that.
E-juice consists of nicotine extract and mixed with a base and flavoring. It is a much healthier alternative to cigarettes and you can even vary the actual nicotine content. Oh, and did we mention that there are tons of flavors?
My Vape Pen Stopped Working...
There are a few reasons why your vape pen may stop working. Most of them are user error. If your vape pen mysteriously goes down, try these methods.
- Make sure that the cartridge isn't screwed into the battery too tight. This can displace the heating element, causing a loss in connection to the battery.
- Don't leave your vape pen in the elements. The weather can have a big effect on them. If you leave it in the hot sun you can fry the electronics, and if you leave it in the cold then the e-juice might thicken.
- Keep the battery charged. If it isn't pulling, your battery could be dead. Try to always use the lowest voltage setting available.
The bottom line here is to take care of your vape pen as you would any other piece of technology you own and use common sense!
Vaping All Night and Day
Out with the old and in with the new. Why ruin yours and everyone else's day by smoking cigarettes when you can experience the joys of nicotine in a safe and delicious way with a new vape pen cartridge?
Vape away friends, and don't forget to contact us for any of your e-juice related needs.